Shea Hearing Aid Center - Shea Hearing Aid Clinic was rude

Memphis, Tennessee 1 comment

My first use of the AMP hearing aid fell out of my ear.

Had to buy a second one. After 4 times I went for readjustment, I realized the aid would keep coming out of my ear. Rather than lose a second one, I asked for my money back.

They were upset over my attitude and banned me from coming on their premises!

I had to pay someone to return the aid and get a receipt for it!

I had to bus each time, since the place is out east of Memphis.

The "specialist" spent about 15 minutes the first time with me. The other times less than that.

She recommended my using it in my right ear rather than my left. She said the action of my jaw in eating and speaking caused the aid to ease out of my ear. The right ear in fact was no better.

Review about: Rude Service.

Comments

Tampa, Florida, United States #590896

I waited several weeks for my appointment at Shea Ear Clinic for tinnitus.The morning of the appointment I arrived with my paperwork filled out, with the exception of one item.

My Social Security Number. As I had identity theft several years ago when my medical records were compromised by a doctor's office I was reluctant to provide my SSN. I was told by the clerk my insurance would not accept their claim for services if I did not provide the SSN. I was also told I would be required to post a $500 deposit if I did not provide the number.

I called my insurance company and they said this is absolutely false. The called the Shea Clinic and the person they spoke to said it was merely "their policy". Depending on who you speak with you get a different story. I don't care to put my health in the hands of people with questionable ethics and integrity.

Obviously, it is not about providing health care but about the money.